Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Update on Baby

So yesterday I ended up in the emergency room after another sh*&*&ty experience with yet another OBGYN (I have a 1st appt with a 3rd on Monday - story for another post!). My appt I was scheduled for yesterday was cancelled and b/c of the spotting and cramping I was sent to the ER. We were there for nearly 5 hours and Henry stayed for almost the entire time, I was very grateful to have a supportive husband with me - I can't imagine how girls go through this on their own. Anyway, they did an u/s and we saw it heartbeat! It was a strong heartbeat at 144 bpm! It was so cool - we had a colored u/s so you could see the blood go in and out of the heart and pump to the brain. SO AMAZING! I cried and Henry was in awe - he said it was the best thing he has ever seen in his life and I felt the same way.

All my blood work came back normal but I have a UTI - apparently some women are prone to these in pregnancy and I am one of the lucky ones. Honestly I am happy to take a UTI. They gave me a Rx for antibiotic, which after some research I reluctantly have begun taking. It is making morning sickness even worse, but I know a kidney infection could be really dangerous to the baby. So I gues the UTI was the reason for the cramping.
THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT AND POSITIVE ENERGY - KEEP IT COMING OBVIOUSLY THE BABY IS SUCKING IT UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment